Its the time of year I like to reflect on what has occurred, the goals I have met, and my goals for the future. In retrospect, 2012 was a stellar year with many of my goals being accomplished. This has made me excited for what 2013 has in store.
In 2012, some of my proud accomplishments include:
- Catching my first Citation Redfish
- Placing in the TKAA tournament
- Placing in two other tournaments
- Having input on the design and release of a kayak (The Hurricane Skimmer)
- Traveling and learning new fishing spots
- Fishing at least once a month with nothing but a fly rod
- Catching personal best Cobia, Spadefish, Largemouth Bass, and Redfish from a kayak.
- Catching a personal best Rainbow trout from a kayak
- Catching the largest number of different species in a 12 month period
- Besting my Kayak Wars placing
- Our team making the top 10 in total length for the North East in 2012
- Fishing both Atlantic IFA division events
- Having two top finishes in Kayak Tournaments
- Catching a Citation Largemouth Bass, Crappie, and Perch
- Finishing in the top 3 (division or slam) at the 2013 TKAA tournament
- Finishing in the top 10 for individual kayak wars points in the North East
- Helping our Kayak Wars team finish in the top 5 of any category
- Catching more species in a 12 month period in 2013
- Catching a VA slot redfish, speck, and flounder slam on the fly
- Participate in one pure kayak event/race
- And finally, post at least twenty four posts to the blog in 2013
I realize that I have some fairly lofty goals, but without something to strive for, I dont feel like I can improve as a kayak angler.