Registration for the 2011 Lafayette River Festival has begun. Come on out and enjoy a day of fishing, food, and music. All proceeds form the tournament will be donated to the Elizabeth River Project, for the development of a oyster reef near the mouth of the Lafayette River.
Tournament Director: William Ragulsky
- Catch, Photo, Release (CPR) for the three largest fish of any species.
- If one participant submits three fish with a combined length of 30 inches, and another participant submits two fish with a total length of 35 inches, the three fish will win
- 0600 – Lines in the water
- 1200 – Weigh in
- All points within the Lafayette River (must launch within the river)
- Launch sites will be at:
- The apartment complex at the mouth of haven creek
- The 38th Street Boat Ramp
- Lakewood Park
- Parking will be offered at GSH Real Estate, the 38th Street Ramp (extremely limited) or Lakewood Park.
- All participants must meet the Tournament Director prior to launch. I will be located at GSH Real Estate from 0500 until 0800. If you need to sign your release form and pick up your identifier after 0800, please call me.
- Bait, and all legal forms of hook and line fishing are allowed.
- Participants must fish from a Kayak. Wading is prohibited.
- Photos must be submitted by either a SD card, Micro SD card, or a camera with a cable to view the pictures.
- All fish will be judged by the Tournament Director, and his ruling will be final.
- All anglers must see the Tournament Director prior to launch in the morning. Unique identifiers and release forms will be provided at this time.
- Inclement Weather – Participants will be notified via phone and e-mail of any postponement/cancellation. The makeup date is 1 May 2011.
$75.00 Gift Card to Wild River Outfitters
Marsh Works Prize Packs
- Phone: 757-582-2035
- E-mail: email@example.com